Workplace injury and illness

All work-related injuries/illnesses (whether they result in medical attention or not) are reported. Supervisors should refer to the UMS Risk Management and Insurance website. For specific procedures. Supervisors will utilize the incident report under the subcategory Injuries to Employees-Workers Compensation and follow the instruction on the form.

Injuries and property damage sustained by visitors, students or the general public
Complete the Incident Report Form to report injuries or property damages sustained by visitors, students or the general public alleged to have been caused by the university or occurring on university property or during a university activity or event. Do not use this form for auto accidents or employee injuries.

Fax the completed form to the UMaine Campus Risk Management Administrator at 581.2673.

Student routine medical aid
Report to Cutler Health Center (west side of building toward Bennett Hall). Refer to the center’s website for hours of operation.